Wednesday, January 03, 2007

La La La La La La

The end of the year is car shopping time and the fab hub and I have done just that. It was time for the Acura to go. After having a few conversations about bio diesel and Elements the fab hub decided on a Toyota FJ. I called dealers from North Atlanta to Savannah working numbers. I found my object of desire at World Toyota on Peachtree Industrial. We went and I was the good little wife. Sat in the back during the test drive and just smiled and nodded as we went over the vehicle. Then after two hours it was time. We went back into the little room. I reviewed the numbers, advised the deal will not work and this is what I need to make it happen. The finance guy tried to tell me he was on my side and this was it. Lying bastard. I waited for 2 hours to get to him. Damn straight I will get what I want.
You see, I am the Type A. I also am the car person of the family. I also happen to negotiate all day about money with attorneys.
The finance guy had left the room to go get the deal worked and the fab hub and I had a conversation:

Me: See, there is a little piranha that lives in my heart.
FH: So that is what is in there?
Me: She just comes out when needed.....

Thanks babe. We got the deal done and took delivery of a beautiful new 2007 FJ. It is blue and as you know has a white top. It looks like a Smurf. I call it "SmurFJ". I really think it would be a clever tag.
Even better to try out the new sound system the fab hub requested my Justin Timberlake CD. Oh, how nice it was blasting JT in the SmurFJ.....

1 comment:

Kim said...

Thank you, oh thank you for not bringing an Element into our disfunctional family!