Tuesday, August 01, 2006

No meetings for me


So it is a rainy night here in May-rhett-a. What else do you do other than have a drink? Not really in a beer or wine mood. Out comes the mixologist......I review our liquor stock. Made a little something for the fab hub and I with Midori, Melon Vodka and some sour mix. Pretty good.
So while I was deciding what to mix I noticed something.
We have a freaking ton of vodka. I mean how many flavors do you need?
For your review:
Orange Stoli-this was left in the fab hub's first home. Found in the freezer with some random meat. Skyy Citrus-Made pomegranate martinis for the holiday kick off party. Chopin-The best of the best vodka flavored vodka. Smirnoff Melon-thought about making watermelon martinis, made watermelon margaritas instead. Next is Van Gogh Apple Barrel, don't get this flavored. And last is Apple Smirnoff-not even opened.
Then I noticed I really have a ton of really good tequila. Tequila is my favorite. I don't need anything with it. No lime, no chill, and no salt. Just great tequila. Some people like scotch. Not me. Just a great tequila. Let me introduce you to some friends:

We have silver Cuervo. I use this in anything mixed. You know, where people want a margarita, but do not like tequila. They are not worth the good stuff. Then there is the Tarantula stuff. It is blue. Again, good to mix. And on to the the real men. Patron Silver-this is a wonderful tequila, really if you have not sipped a tequila this is the one to try. Patron Gold-not as perfect as silver in my opinion, still a great drink. One of my new favorites is XQ Silver-this has a great finish, not too oaky. Milagro-bought it because we liked the bottle on a cruise. Kept it around because this is a great tequila. Here is the thing with good tequila-remember you get what you pay for. Do not buy a gimmick. Lay down some good money. The cheapest bottle I have is $40. It will go all the way up to over $100 a bottle. If you want to experiment and you are in Atlanta go have dinner and tequila at Agave in Cabbage Town. They have every tequila under the sun. Go out and have some fun.....

No comments: