Sunday, August 30, 2009

Seriously?! Yes, seriously.

I work a ton. I take my job very seriously. If someone were suing me I would want to be sure it was being taken care of and nothing was missed and all defenses raised. Remember the Golden Rule? I guide myself by that idea.
Lately to maintain Golden Rule Standard (GRS) I have been putting in 60 - 70 hours a week. I do not get overtime pay. I do get a bonus, it is not tied to my hours. I love my job and it truly does interest me. I salivate before a good negotiation and feel victorious in settlement. I am Type A...whatever.
You know what I like even more than hard work being it's own reward?

VACATION!!

So we have a cruise booked for later this year and I am just about counting down the minutes. I have been to all of the islands before but I do not recall much of Puerto Rico, remember last time I was there I fell asleep on a park bench. Turks & Caicos all I remember was eating at Jimmy Buffet's place and falling asleep. It was a monsoon in St. Thomas last time I was there. The private island is still my favorite. So for hitting these four places in one fantastic week I am thrilled. The reason for my sleep goes back to my vertigo issues and taking the meclazine offered by the friendly front desk folks. Yeah, they fail to tell you that you will fall asleep on a park bench in Puerto Rico. Again, use the ginger root folks. Works better and as an added bonus you can stay awake!
The Fab Hub and I had been talking about seeing his parents for vacation for sometime. They live in Austin, TX so it is a to-do to see each other involving flights and such. So this year we are vacationing together. It is their first cruise and first big vacation in a long time. My in-laws are as cool as they come. It should be fun.
The Fab Hub goes to put the cruise on his work calendar and sees that his boss has the same week off with, "Caribbean Cruise" as the subject. The Fab Hub finds out if we are going to be on any of the same islands on the same day so we can meet up for a drink. No worries, the boss is on our cruise! Seriously.

No comments: