Monday, August 24, 2009

Happy Birthday?!

Today was my Gramie's birthday. Because I work entirely too much the gift I had thoughtfully purchased never made it in the mail. I have no time to drive up to where she lives. Eh, I punted and sent a same day gift. Instead of flowers I went all out and got her one of the edible arrangements from Fruit Flowers.

Pretty nice, huh? I would be delighted to get this. The delivery fee was an additional $30. I cannot blame them, like I said, you have to pack a lunch to get there and it was last minute so I was at the Fruit Flowers' mercy. I did have a wonderful gift card I had purchased for this occasion at half price.
So I call Gramie after working 13 hours and not really feeling like it.
"Happy Birthday, Gramie!!"
"Oh, thank you Mandy. I got the interesting fruit thing you sent. It is really different."
"Does it look good? The picture I saw online looked great!"
"Yes, it was so big" *thinking: WAS* "It took over an hour to take apart and put in the fridge. I need to go, Kent just got here with Taco Bell dinner."
Are you friggin' kidding me?! Internet, the point at hand was not to send a $100 fruit bowl. Next year: Publix gift card.

No comments: