Sunday, November 05, 2006

Girl in a Bubble

This weekend we are having all of the ceiling in the house painted (finally). When we moved in to the money pit 3 years ago we worked on everything but the ceilings. Given that they are 12 foot and I am 5'3" you can see the problem. We did the right thing and hired out for this one. The painters are hard core. They have taped off and put sheets of plastic everywhere. Thus, I am the girl in the bubble. I get stuck in a section of the house as they have rooms blocked off with plastic. I have dust everywhere and most of the ceilings are completed at this point. It looks good.

They are also scraping and painting the outside of the house. We just had it painted 2 1/2 years ago but it needs it already. The joys of an old house!!

The last thing for the money pit I really care about that is on my list is ripping out and replacing our main bathroom. I hope to do it next year.

As for now I have all the hair on my body raised as they sand the joint compound from the filled areas to make it smooth for painting and the house looks like it has Chicken Pox on the exterior.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pics on blog would b great.

Anonymous said...

of u silly.