Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The Nerve

I mean REALLY!
When people go to a nice place for dinner they want certain things. For us it was a bottle of wine, great food and a kick ass server. We had it all. The guy comes by and pours the wine. Our cheese fondue appetizer comes out. We are dipping and enjoying the cheese. Then it happens:
Beep Beep
LEAVE YOUR EFFING NEXTEL AT HOME
This is not the Rib Ranch or the gas station. The guy 2 tables over continues on to beep beep back and forth about a worksite job. Nobody wants to hear beep beep. His big haired wife was no better. Loud talkers. I should not know about your job site. Beep Beep. I should have tossed it into the moat with the crocs. Beep Beep.
Then there are the parents that bring out The Kid. If you decide to go out and drop $100 on dinner on Monday night I suspect you can afford a baby sitter. But, no you bring your spawn with you. Do you notice the demon banging silverware on a plate? Oh no, you cannot be bothered with your own child. Then The Kid begins to scream in a way that only is to beckon Satan himself to come. Throw The Kid in with the crocs too.
We had a good dinner once I drowned my nerves in wine.

No comments: