Thursday, October 30, 2008

But not Shuffleboad!

Annual cruise time came upon us quickly this year. The fab hub & I have been working long and hard hours. It was time for a break were cell phones did not work and computers were banished. We flew into Tampa and hopped on the ship and we were off to Belize City. We got to go on a zip line through the canopies of trees in the rain forest. I was really expecting to be scared and maybe scream. Nope, it was a nice easy zip through the trees. We floated on inter tubes through a cave also. The water was cold and I got gravel in my bikini.
I hit the pharmacia for mom and hooked her up with some needed meds since she does not have health care.
I had a drink of the day or three everyday. We hit Costa Maya and has beers on the beach. In Guatemala I got a cool little beaded chicken. When the ship was leaving many of the cab drivers and vendors sang and played music and danced as we set sail. That was really neat. That is the city's way of saying thank you for the tourist that are brought in.
We hit Key West and toured the Hemingway house. I have been to Mile 0. Key West is wonderful. I like how family unfriendly they are. No apologies and no desire to suddenly become a family destination. The people are great. You can get around on a bike and be fine. As the ship sailed we watched the sun set over the square.

No comments: