Sunday, August 03, 2008

My Second Trip to Africa

As you may recall I last visited Africa about this time of year in 2006.
Last night a huge storm swept through the booming metropolis of Marietta. The power went out around 9pm and came back on sometime in the middle of the night. Of course we had an overnight guest. I notice the house was warmer than usual, but dismissed it as the AC not working due to the power outage. There were huge branches down all over the place. I took two hours to clean up the yard today. A neighbor up the street has pretty bad damage from a tree coming down on the house. I came back in from yard work and thought it was warm, but I dismissed it again reminding myself I just shlepted limbs from all over the yard to the curb and pushed a broom since the blower is on the fritz.
The house is currently 85 degrees. Of course it is late Sunday, so it is slim pickings of who will come fix it and I am sure it will come with a premium when the Coolray man gets here.
To add insult to injury the Fab Hub is in San Fran and says it is too cold and he may need to buy a sweatshirt and jeans. As I wipe the sweat from my brow I dream of 60 degree weather.
Just pondering how much this will set us back. We just dropped $5k on tree removal so it would not surprise me if this time it needs replacement.....
The naked cat is in heaven.

1 comment:

Tarus said...

If you go out to the unit (the big metal box with the fan and the pipes), look where the pipes come in to the box. There should be a small black or red reset button around that area (about the size of a dime or nickel). Press it. That might be all you need to do.

Please ignore this if you've already tried that.