Monday, August 18, 2008

Hung Over

This has nothing to do with my Summertime affinity for Guinness.
The Olympics have been amazing this year. I have been up late every night watching. On work nights I try and get to bed in the ten o'clock hour. It has been no earlier than midnight lately. When you couple that with school starting back and all of the additional roving stop signs and SUVs driven by frenzied mothers I cannot get to work on time. I felt like I was going to die in my cube today.
I remember attending anything I could get a super cheap scalped ticket for in 1996 when the Olympics were here. The feeling in the Olympic village was a glowing pride. I think that was the first time I felt patriotic to my core. I have the same feeling this time. I guess in 2004 I was too engrossed in renovating and planning our wedding to get into the Athens games. The skill of the athlets just envokes awe in me. I find the Olympic events much more exciting than baseball or football.
Phelps is a machine. I sware the kid has gills. I love the women's beach volleyball. Who doesn't love the gymnastics? For all of this I have given up sleep.
Go USA!!!

No comments: