Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I am in "The Club" now

Well, it is the club I frankly do not care to be part of. I am celebrating the 1st anniversary of my 29th birthday. The fab hub says it is better than the alternative.....
I was born at 5:28am on 5/28/78---killer planning mom!
Due to things out of my control I had my birthday party the weekend before. I thought this was the worst thing but it ended up fine. We hosted a murder mystery party that was incredible. We had 20 people participating in the murder mystery that was set in the 1920's in a speakeasy that was a brothel cover up during prohibition. It was so much fun. My mom came up a day early to roll up her sleeves and help cook. My girlfriend from NYC flew in to help celebrate. We made almost everything from scratch--two sauces (marinara and vodka), chicken saltemboca, two kinds of fresh bread sticks-one with Parmesan the other with sesame seeds, six pounds of meatballs, endive stuffed with a Gorgonzola mix, a nut and cheese plate, ravioli, and I had the bakery that made our wedding cake hook up a revolver on the top of my cake. Everyone dressed up and played their role to perfection. There was so much extortion I could not keep up. It was a so much fun that I will be sure to do another one.
Happy birthday to me!

No comments: