Friday, May 23, 2008

Because Everybody Loves Pomegranate-Champagne Punch

This is simply the best pomegranate-champagne punch. People have licked the bottom of the bowl.

From Bon Appétit December 2007.

1/2 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
2 750-ml bottles chilled brut Champagne
1 1/2 cups white rum
1 1/4 cups pomegranate juice
1 large lemon, thinly sliced
Pomegranate seeds
Fresh mint leaves
1 ice block

Bring 1/2 cup water and sugar to boil in small saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves. Simmer 5 minutes. Cool syrup completely.Combine Champagne, rum, and pomegranate juice in punch bowl. Add enough syrup to sweeten to taste. Mix in lemon slices, pomegranate seeds, and mint leaves. Add ice block to bowl.

I leave out the mint. I leave out the seeds...I use pomegranate juice in my ice ring that I make in a cool bundt style pan. I layer my ring with lemon slices and blueberries. You have to freeze a layer...add fruit...freeze a layer....

This is really great! I recommend making more than what you think you will need.

Enjoy!

No comments: