Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Yuppie Scum Rockstar

I love U2. I get excited when I get to see them live. I love having great seats. This combination proves to be costly.

For your consideration:

U2 fan club dues: $50 (So I could get pre sale tickets)
10th row tickets: $550 (Total for two tickets)
Parking: $30 (It was $40, but I negotiated)
Concessions: $25 (Two Miller Lite beers in a can and nachos for the fab hub)
Tour shirt: $10 (They were $40 inside, I bought a bootleg in the $40 parking lot)

Grand total: $665

I have flown to Europe round trip for less.
The show was great. Muse opened and was amazing. I wish it had been at The Ted instead. The sound was not so great at the Georgia Dome. Even though we had 10th row seats we were still pretty far away from the stage. I still found what I was looking for. A mass of people feeling music together. I adore the feeling of my lungs vibrating in my rib cage to the same music that is doing the same thing to 20,000 other people. And yes, I do sing along with Bono and dance the entire time. My feet hurt for two days because I had to wear my favorite patent leather four inch stiletto boots. I love that The Edge sang solo. The HD video was crazy. The lights and screens were mind bending. Totally worth the money. I enjoyed the PopMart tour far more for different reasons. U2 certainly delivered on the 360 Tour none the less. Once I figure out how to rip some video from my iPhone I will share a clip and a song that I shot.

No comments: