Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Best ________ That You are Not Using

I find it my civic duty to share some things with you Internet. Behold my bounty that you should be paying damn good attention to.

Pandora: Go and download this treasure if you have not already. Computer or iPhone--either way you will be good. You get to compile your own radio station. Eureka!! Pandora then figures out why you picked what you did and makes your own private radio station of recommendations. Don't agree with a selection? Give it a thumbs down. Love what you are listening to but have no clue who it is? Read more and if inclined give it a thumbs up. The idea of Tivo, but for music. I have learned of a few new bands I had not heard being played before and I love it! Oh, and it is free.

Silversun PickUps: The music this band creates is amazing. The bassist is a chic and I have a girl crush on her. I love the song Panic Switch. I cannot wait for the tour to stop in Atlanta. Complex sound that has so many layers....check them out.

Shazam: I know....more music. Do you know that song? Can you remember who sings it? What album? If you do will you remember to download it? Shazam takes care of that. Nifty little iPhone application that allows you to tag songs by holding you device up and let it "listen" to the music. In less than ten seconds it will return all the info on that song to you. Amazing. Among my discoveries: People Ain't No Good by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Beyond Here Lies Nothin' by Bob Dylan and 500 Miles by Tori Amos. It knows if you are listening to an album version or radio edit. Wow.

halfoffdepot.com: So you already use restaurant.com and love it. You get sad you cannot buy real gift cards....just print out the certificates. Not so nice for gift giving. You want a diff rent mix of deals. Super deals here. Seriously--check it out! And of course, check out retailmenot.com for a code to save a little extra on your savings. Also, sign up for groupon.com. I have used both of these sites a few times and I am in love with the savings and service. Yay!!

No comments: