Sunday, May 13, 2007

Community Service

So I owed a close friend a favor. Or more so, the fab hub was the one in debit.
DP was so kind as to lend his skill and know how to make it possible for us to have a HUGE party deck for last 4th of July party. A ton of sweat and tears went into this. We have a huge 700 sq ft deck. It is beautiful. It was our turn.....
I helped plan and execute a rocking hillside garden. There was nothing but weeds and scrub bushes and some stupid cypress trees. I picked out some butterfly bushes for the top, Shasta daisies and a yellow clumping daisy called Jethro Tull and lantana that is very hardy for freezing temps to fill in and make a pretty garden for humming birds and butterflies that will be drought friendly and low maintenance to come back every year and look great. It was damn near 90 degrees and this hillside garden made me feel like a mountain goat. MMMAaaaaah......I think I got off easy given the trade.

No comments: