Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Two for the Price of One!

I went to the DMV to get a replacement license this morning. It was raining. I waited outside the office in the rain for 20 minutes then once the doors opened I waited another 30 minutes to be told: THE SYSTEM IS DOWN. So they are kind enough to issue me a license receipt on flimsy paper. I have a library card that is more sturdy. The guy hand wrote is for God sakes. I was not happy. My piece of paper was free of charge.
So I go back to the DMV later today to get a license as I want to be able to rent mopeds on our upcoming vacation and I need to be sure I can get a drink as needed. Usually they just reprint your license. No, not today. Since I had stood in the rain this morning and had no clue I would be having my picture taken I looked like ass. My last license photo looked flawless--I had just come from the salon. It expires in May and I will plan my salon visit accordingly.

So after 2 visits to the DMV and $5 I have a new awful looking license! Yay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Meh. I bet you still looked awesome.