Thursday, October 04, 2007

A Change of Plan

Sometimes I really do not know where I am headed, but I know where I am going will be better. I have made the decision to change jobs. Whoopie! I will be moving up the ladder kind of....I have accepted a position as a litigation handler of injury claims and bad faith claims. Basically I will be an attorney wrangler. I am so excited. This will be great for many reasons. I have been in the insurance industry for 5 years now and it was time to do more. I thought law school was the "more", then After careful examination of my lifestyle and what it will take (mainly money) I decided it was not a fit. Then I thought CPCU was the route to go. Not to sound lazy....but I am not in this to run an insurance company and the intense studying was not fitting in with my lifestyle. I will get to learn so much in my new role. I am very excited for this! I have been doing the same thing for awhile. New vocabulary words: summary judgement, deposition, mediation, and the one folks will make me pull my hair out with is proper service. Did I mention I will be handling 19 states? Yeah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats. Just so you know, opposition to summary judgment is one of the most annoying phrases on earth to me. Deposition is one fo the most boring. And mediation is right up there with non-binding arbitration or "short trial."