Sunday, July 15, 2007

Just Not Natural

I met the best colorist in the world at Van Michael Sandy Springs, New Talents salon 7 years ago when she just started to learn color at Van Michael and charged $75 for hi lites and base color. I love her. She is a true artist. Aimee France I am talking about you. She got promotion after promotion and even started teaching at the Van Michael school. Then they opened a salon in Norcross about 2 years ago. I made the long haul once. Norcross and Alpharetta are like the New Jersey of Atlanta. Then I went outside the salon thinking that keeping my business local would be a good idea. Worst hair idea ever. EVER. I have seen 4 people since and one other outside of Van Michael. It just is not the same. I think I will have to drive to Jersey for my hair. And of course now I can hardly afford her, but Aimee is worth every single penny plus a 20% tip.
I am seeing someone at Van Michael now that I like. There is not love. She is a really cool person. Last time I went in I told her how much I loved the last color we did. I asked to do the same thing. Yeah, she matched my color faded hair which is just about my natural color and put in some honey hi lights. Eek. I hate my natural color. I hate honey blond, mousy brown, dishwater brown and any other ash type brown. I worked with it for a few weeks. I went to Target today. I bought a semi permanent color. HOLY CRAP MY HAIR COLOR KICKS ASS. I was scared. I had not colored my hair since college. I really like the color. I may just have to try it again when this fades out and save the money to go see Aimee.

No comments: